Oh pancakes! I love you so much! You are fluffy, sweet, and I adore eating you. My love for you has now been passed on to my son. Thank you for spreading smiles of joy around our kitchen table.
Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day and I could eat these pancakes for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. In an effort to cut our food budget I attempted to recreate my favorite quinoa pancake in the family kitchen. After a few attempts I am confident that this recipe is the winner! Try it out for yourself this weekend and see.
- 3 cups cooked red quinoa
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup vanilla greek yogurt (I use Trader Joes)
- 1/3 cup of milk of your choice
- 1 fresh lemon squeezed
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 bag of frozen blueberries (I use the wild organic blueberries from Trader Joes)
- In a medium bowl, whisk together quinoa, flour, and baking powder. In another medium bowl, whisk together eggs, yogurt, milk, and brown sugar until smooth. Add egg mixture to flour mixture and whisk to combine.
- Add vanilla and lemon juice and whisk again. Rinse frozen blueberries under water and drain. Next gently fold in blueberries.
- Lightly coat a large skillet with butter or cooking spray and heat over medium. Drop batter by 1/4 cup onto skillet. Cook until bubbles appear on top. Flip and cook until golden brown on underside. Repeat.
- Makes about 12-14 pancakes. Your taste buds will soon be thanking you. Enjoy!
Is your mouth watering yet? Head to the store right now and pick up what you need to make these fluffy, blueberry, complete protein, delight your tummy pancakes! I would love to hear your feedback if you make them.
Happy weekend! xoxo, Tamara