How yummy does this look? If I could have you all over for breakfast this is what I would make us! Plus it is gluten free! I didn’t say calorie free, which is why I would also invite you to stay for a workout after we ate ;). This recipe is super easy but does take 10-12 hours of chill time in the fridge before you can pop this tasty dish in the oven.
I grew up in a gluten free house and My entire family loves Udi’s Gluten Free Foods! I can tell you first hand that anyone who is diagnosed with a gluten intolerance is very thankful brands like Udi’s exist.
My mom is a rockstar in the kitchen and loves the challenge of taking recipes that our family loves and converting them to a gluten free option that everyone can enjoy. Following in my mom’s footsteps I took her Overnight Blueberry French Toast recipe and added my own unique twist to make it gluten free and oh so yummy!
Udi’s Gluten Free Cinnamon and Raisin Bread was the perfect addition to this already winner of a recipe. This is perfect for a holiday morning or any other special occasion and makes the house smell incredibly awesome!
- 1 loaf of Udi’s Gluten Free Cinnamon and Raisin Bread
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups coconut or almond milk
- 1/2 cup gluten free flour
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter, chilled
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
The night before
- Grease a 13″ x 9″ baking dish. Rip bread into multiple pieces, about 4-5 per slice. Combine eggs, sugar, vanilla, and milk into a large bowl.
- Add sliced bread and mix gently until most of the liquid is absorbed into bread.Place bread mixture evenly into prepared pan. Cover and set in refrigerator overnight.
- In a small bowl combine flour, brown sugar,and cinnamon. Cut in butter until mixture resembles course crumbs. Cover and set in refrigerator.
The next morning
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Scatter blueberries and sprinkle crumb mixture over bread.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until golden brown.
- Before serving cut into squares and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
This recipe will serve between 4-6 people.
I love, love, love this recipe and I hope you will too! You can follow Udi’s on twitter and instgram @udisglutenfree.
Do you have a favorite Udi’s product? Let me know if you make this and what you think!
PS…Need a workout plan? Check out the details for my ONLINE BOOTCAMP starting in September.
I was given this item in exchange for highlighting Udi’s Gluten Free Foods. No other compensation was provided and all thoughts are my own. #udisglutenfree #glutenfree