You don’t need much to get a crazy good workout, it can be as simple as pairing 4 exercises together. This formula works well if you pair exercises that complement each other. I usually like to pick one exercise that targets the entire body, in this workout that would be the burpees, a core exercise, butterfly sit-ups, and two exercise that focus on similar groups of muscles, I picked plyo lunges and squats.
- Begin in a squat position with hands on the floor in front of you.
- Kick your feet back to a pushup position. Lower chest to floor.
- Immediately return your feet to the squat position.
- Leap up as high as possible from the squat position.
PLYO LUNGES or LUNGES
- Stand upright. holding dumbbells by your sides is optional.
- Take a step forward, dropping your back knee down.
- Push off your front foot to return to the start position.
- Lie on your back with your heels together, knees bent and out to the sides and your arms overhead.
- Lift your arms, head and shoulders off the floor, coming all the way upright and reach your hands towards your feet.
- Lower and repeat.
- Stand upright (holding dumbbells by your sides optional) with your toes forward, feet flat, and shoulder-width apart.
- Lower your body toward the floor, sending your hips back and down and bending your knees.
- Push through your heels to return to the start position.
- Keep your back flat and gaze forward throughout the movement.
Now that you know the exercises here is the workout…
Depending on how many rounds you decide to tackle this workout can take anywhere from 20-50 minutes. To make it even harder you can hold dumbbells by your side, otherwise this can be done with just bodyweight. Your legs will be on fire and feel like jell-o all at the same time. Doesn’t that sound wonderful?
Do you like the video clips of the exercises? Is this a workout you would try?
If you liked this be sure to check out my online bootcamp! The next session starts November 1st!
Linking up with Meg.