Disclaimer: Not all exercises are suitable for everyone and this or any other exercise program may result in injury. To reduce this risk of injury, please consult your doctor before beginning this, or any other, physical fitness program. Any user of this workout assumes the full risk of injury resulting from performing the routine.
Pyramid training is highly effective, challenging and can be tons of fun! When pyramid training you focus on completing certain amount of reps and recording how long it takes you to complete the circuit. In this anywhere pyramid workout you will be moving from one exercise to the next quickly, with little to no rest in between, so there is no need to then do additional cardiovascular exercise.
The anywhere pyramid workout can be done just as the name implies, anywhere. There is no equipment needed. Get ready to get sweaty!
Complete the entire circuit as listed below by doing 4 reps for each exercise. Go back and repeat the circuit but now do 6 reps. You will continue adjusting the rep amounts as listed below until you finish with 4 reps. Set a timer and go as fast as you can.
- Start in the top of a push up position.
- Jump your feet in, bringing your knees to your chest and keep your hands on the floor.
- Come to standing and jump into the air, raising your arms overhead
- Return to a squat with hands to floor and then jump your feet back plank.
- Modification: Instead of jumping to and from your hands step up instead.
- Start standing with your feet hip-width apart. Fold your body forward from your hips until you can reach both hands flat on the floor in front of your feet.
- Walk your hands out and away from your legs until your body is in an upside-down ‘V’ position, pressing your chest back towards your thighs.
- Bend both elbows and bring the top of your head closer to the mat (be sure to keep your chin into your chest so you don’t strain your neck). Then, press away from the floor and straighten your arms.
STANDING KNEE TUCK
- Stand with feet together. Lift left leg straight back, hinging forward at hips, reaching hands forward by ears; keep hips level and body straight from hands to heel.
- Using your core, draw left knee in to chest, bending elbows to pull arms down to knee; return to previous position.
- Modification: Hold onto the back of a chair.
- Start in plank postion.
- Jump your feet out wide to the sides.
- Jump your feet back in together.
- Continue jumping your feet out wide and back in.
- Modification: Instead of jumping your feet out wide, step one foot at a time out wide.
KILLER LEG CIRCLES
- Start on your back. Reach your arms over your head and lift your shoulders off the mat. Engage your core and pull belly button into spine.
- Place left foot on mat with ankle stacked under knee and extend right leg straight up in the air.
- Make small circles with your right leg.
- Make it harder: Extend left leg 1 inch off the floor and leave it hovering for the duration of your leg circles.
Let me know if you try this. Happy Sweating!