Disclosure: This post was sponsored by Puffs through their partnership with POPSUGAR Select. While I was compensated to write a post about Puffs, all opinions are my own.
In order to make leaving the house a little less chaotic I keep a few essentials in my mom bag.
Yes I have a mom bag now.
My beautiful diaper bag that I loved dearly will no longer hold the contents of my life. To be honest it barely held everything I needed when I left the house with just Caden. Why are some of the most expensive items you purchase for life with a newborn the most impractical?
So I have decided to ditch the diaper bag and fully embrace the mom bag. What is a mom bag you ask? It is basically a diaper bag on steroids. Anything and everything that I might need for my family and myself is in this bag. It is huge, it is never empty, and it is wonderful.
Seriously this bag and the contents it contains have saved me on more than one occasion.
Ready to find out what’s inside?
- Hand Sanitizer – People love to touch the baby and Caden loves to touch everything. This is an essential item.
- Puffs SoftPack™ - I recently discovered this amazing flexible and water resistant full size facial tissue pack. I love that it easily fits into my mom bag. With all the runny noses in our family from allergies we need more than just a few tissues. You can like Puffs on Facebook and let them know how the SoftPack fits into your life. They would love to hear from you!
- Diapers, Underwear, & Pull-ups (Oh my) – With the amount of items inside my mom bag I realized that cloth diapers would need to be used only at home. There is no way they were fitting in this already filled to the brim bag.
- Wipes – Moms need wipes to clean up sticky fingers, dirty bottoms, and numerous other little messes that can occur when out and about.
- Swim Diapers & Swimsuit – Living in the Valley of the Sun affords us ample opportunities to visit our local splash parks the majority of the year.
- Sunscreen – Year round item. We use it daily.
- Nursing Cover – If I know there is even a chance I will be feeding Maisie I am always prepared. I am loving my nursing scarf!
- Clothes – Accidents happen.
- Toys – You never know when you will need them. I keep a few that are strictly kept in my mom bag. The only time they come out is if we are away from home. This keeps Caden more engaged and entertained and less likely to get bored.
- Snacks – Kids and parents get hungry. I have been known to eat my toddler’s snack so I now keep separate snacks for myself in the bag also.
- Water – Hydrating is important. Drink up.
- Lip Balm – Someone will need this. Dry lips suck.
- First Aid Kit – For the boo boos that happen in life and on the playground a first aid kit in addition to mommy’s kisses always make things feel better.
- Sunglasses – Sunglasses are my favorite accessory.
- Wallet – I have left this at home numerous times because it would be housed in another purse or left on the kitchen counter. Now it is presently housed in my mom bag.
- Planner – From playdates to doctors appointments it is nice to have my planner on hand at all times. Call me old fashioned but I prefer to write it down. Yes it takes up more space but it is easier for me to see our schedules and plan for the week ahead.
I would love to know what items you keep in your mom bag. Let me know in the comments below.