For the last four weeks, the Sweat Pink community teamed up with BOSU to show the world what it means to be #BOSUStrong. One thing that makes me BOSUStrong is my family because they inspire me to love others more and be the best wife and mom I can be. And I hope to inspire them to take care of their bodies by what they eat and how they treat themselves.
Josh, Caden, and I love to be active together! Hopefully Maisie will love to run around with us as soon as she is able. We make obstacle courses for Caden in the house during the week, and depending on the weekend we will sign up for a race or run our Family FitCamp program! We introduced running races to Caden earlier this year by signing him up for a kids 1k and he loved it! Any time we run Caden amazes both myself and Josh! A family that plays together, sticks together!
Our favorite #FitFamily BOSU workout is jumping off the BOSU because it is an easy exercise to put into our family obstacle course at home. And I am loving the BOSU Sport and the BOSU Sport-Kids DVD because it will be a great workout for when Caden is older to assist him with his balance and core strength.
We are so excited to have the opportunity to try the new BOSU Sport, a smaller version of the BOSU Balance Trainer (the Sport is 50 cm while the Balance Trainer is 65 cm) that’s absolutely perfect for kids. Now, the whole family can “BOSU” together!
That’s why we are a #BOSUStrong #FitFamily!
The new BOSU® Sport-Kids DVD encourages kids to have lots of fun while they get fit, strong and flexible! This total body fitness program, created by renowned trainer Brett Klika, targets 6 – 12 year olds and teaches kids that when you exercise your heart, lungs and muscles every day, you can be fit for life.
The 60 minute DVD includes five BOSU® workouts, plus warm-up and cool-down, focusing on different components of fitness. Segments can be used individually or linked together for longer workouts. Check out the BOSU SPORT-Kids DVD and get it for FREE when you purchase a BOSU Sport using the code: BOSUSWEATPINK15.
Lastly, get excited because BOSU just launched two new workout DVDs: BOSU Total Body Basics and BOSU Core Basics. Get ONE of these 2 these downloads for FREE when you purchase a BOSU Balance Trainer using the code: BOSUSWEATPINK15.
Join BOSU and Sweat Pink for a week of #FitFamily BOSU fitness fun, starting on 10/12 and ending on 10/16!
You can join the challenge whether or not you have a BOSU and we hope you do because its going to be tons of fun and you’ll have a chance to win amazing prizes, including your very own BOSU!
Answer the daily prompts on your blog, Instagram, Twitter or wherever else you want to share and hashtag #BosuStrong #FitFamily #sweatpink and tag @Bosu_Fitness (IG) @BosuFitness (Twitter) @FitApproach – the most active & engaged participants will have a chance to win great prizes from BOSU & Sweat Pink! Hint, hint, the more you share (and the more places you share), the better your chances of winning!
*Notes: BOSU wants to remind all participants that standing on a BOSU with the dome facing down is not proper form and therefore any images or content using the BOSU in that way will not be shared. Please also remember to wear shoes when working out on your BOSU to avoid slipping or injury.
Here are the prompts for the week long challenge:
- Monday, 10/12: We want to see you and your kids #jumpjoymonday – whether you’re escaping lava, or jumping back on your surfboard, let your imagination run wild! Let’s kick off this #fitfamily challenge with a whole lotta fun! Just remember, nice soft knees. Bonus: #moveitmonday! Show us how your kids MOVE their feet! We want to see how they can have #fasterfeet – running on their #BOSUSport and of course have fun while doing it!
- Tuesday, 10/13: It’s #toneituptuesday. We want to see your kids best “ski” moves (“no snow required”). Whether they’re speeding downhill on the slopes or jumping the moguls! Bonus: We want to see you and your family inch worm together!
- Wednesday, 10/14: It’s #workitwednesday! We want to see you and your kids doing airplanes! Bonus: A family that balances together….has the most fun together! We want to see your kids do their best Bird Dog.
- Thursday, 10/15: It’s #fitfamily plank day! Show us how you and your fam plank it out & maybe even exchange some high fives! Bonus: Show us a #tbt to one of your favorite #fitfamily activities!
- Friday, 10/16: #FreeFriday. What makes your #fitfamily #bosustrong? Show us! Bonus: Happy #forearmfriday sweaties! Are you dolphins, crouching crocodiles inch worms or maybe even downward puppies? Show us!
Have you ever used a BOSU before? What activities does your family enjoy doing together?